Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Buxom Show Some Skin Foundation

When it comes to foundation, I want coverage, I want concealment, I want perfection. In other words, I do not want Buxom's Show Some Skin Foundation. But I know that my foundation preferences are in the minority and that most people want something on the light side. Because of that, I gave this product a few wears, just to see if it lives up to its claims.

Containing "vitamin C, tamarind seed and marine algae extracts" this supposedly "skin-pampering formula delivers breathable coverage and is clinically proven to increase hydration, brighten and smooth skin while softening the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles." It's also so "weightless" that "it's like wearing nothing at all."

I'll give Buxom the "weightless" claim.  This is an easy-to-apply product that really does feel like you're not wearing any makeup at all. Unfortunately, this product is so "weightless" that it doesn't do much when it comes to providing any coverage or concealment (though to be fair, it makes no claims in this area). At best, it evens out skin tone.

I didn't notice any "softening the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles" but this product did leave my skin looking bright and hydrated, thanks to a-dewy-but-not-shiny finish. While I prefer to have matte skin, I know that most people like to have at least some glow and this foundation easily provides that quality.

With its light texture and sheer results, this foundation reminded me more of a BB cream than a true foundation. Though in its favour, it does come in 10 different shades, which can't be said of most (any?) BB creams.

Buxom is not exactly a cheap brand so it's no surprise that this foundation retails at around $40. But at least that high price gives you functional packaging that is also pretty cute.

Would I buy this product: No but I'm not a fan of sheer foundations.

Should you buy this product: If you're in the market for a lightweight foundation (or a new BB cream) and are OK with spending a bit of cash, this might be the product for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment