Friday, August 28, 2015

Spark Sessions Is Back!

Earlier this week I received an email from my favourite blogging conference, Spark Sessions, about what it has in store for its main 2015 event. Last year, it held its second-ever conference, a two-day production that was good, though not quite as strong as the first year (though to be fair, year 2's venue detracted from the overall event).

I had a feeling that year 3 would be a bit different than previous conferences and it turns out that I'm right because here's what's lined up:



If you follow digital trends, you've likely heard how "blogs are dead" (which I don't completely agree with obviously) so it makes sense that this year's event is focused on the hottest social media networks and trends. While I suspect that some people won't be into this lineup, I certainly am.

But that being said, I don't know if I'll be attending this year's event because I'm currently pregnant and due at the end of November. I should be fine to attend the conference but because you never know about these things, I'm going to hold off on buying my ticket until closer to November (tickets are non-refundable and can only be transferred up until October 23). Hopefully it won't sell out too quickly.

Tickets are currently on sale and are $109 for the one-day event. This a big price jump from year one, which was $99 for two days. I can't track down what I paid for last year's event but if a price increase means a venue with ample, reliable bathrooms, I'm okay with it. My pregnant-self is also thrilled that this event is now just one day in length.

I just hope that the shorter event doesn't impact the high quality of the swag bag. Here's what we received last year:


If you're thinking of attending this event, let me know! I suck at networking and should really use this event to meet follow bloggers.


No comments:

Post a Comment