Monday, September 7, 2015

The Body Shop Virgin Mojito Body Scrub

Conceptually, this product isn't a bad idea. People love The Body Shop's scrubs and people also love mojitos, which can be a colourful and fragrant drink. Unfortunately, this scrub's reality is just plain disappointing.

When I first saw this product in the store, I was immediately drawn to its bright colour and then its "invigorating virgin mojito fragrance" sold me. How great would it be to start my day with a body scrub that smelled like a mojito?

But what smelled yummy in the store, turned into a scent that was almost nauseating in a hot, steamy shower. Yes, this is a "virgin" product but it definitely reminded me of alcohol and it turns out that waking up to thoughts of booze isn't the best way to start one's morning. Thankfully, the scent didn't linger.

My other issue with this product is that it just isn't a great scrub. Made "with the extract of Caribbean lime and mint" and "community fair trade honey from Ethiopia," this product supposedly, "prepares skin for moisture" and "lifts away dead skin cells."

I have no doubt that some dead skin was indeed removed by this product but it certainly didn't have the intensity that other scrubs, including those from The Body Shop, have. While I could feel a mild scrubbing feeling, it wasn't nearly rough enough for my preferences or tough skin.

I also didn't notice my skin feeling softer after use nor was there any change in hydration levels. But while this scrub wasn't very effective, this product didn't dry out or otherwise irritate my skin. It also rinsed off easily.

This scrub retails for $22 though with The Body Shop's many deals, there's no reason to pay full price for it. It's packaged in a plastic, open mouth jar that's nothing fancy but is easy to use. That jar might actually be the best part of this scrub.

Would I buy this product again: No but since this is a limited edition product, buying it again soon won't be an option.

Should you buy this product: Only if you really, really love mojitos.

No comments:

Post a Comment