Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Bobbi Brown Soothing Cleansing Oil

I think this might be the final Bobbi Brown product I have to review from my Bobbi Brown Topbox. And while the Bobbi Brown's High Shimmer Lip Gloss is still my favourite item that I received in that box, the Bobbi Brown Soothing Cleansing Oil is a close second.

What makes that comment extra-impressive is that I'm not a big fan of cleansing oils. There's just something about applying a cleansing product to dry skin that just seems wrong and almost uncomfortable to me.

But while using this product did feel a bit odd (and to be clear, that is very subjective statement), there's no denying the results: It did a great job at "...dissolv(ing) surface impurities and makeup without leaving skin feeling tight or dry."

Bobbi Brown refers to this oil as "...an indulgent way to cleanse skin" due to its fancy ingredients. Containing jasmine flower extract and Kukui nut oil "...to soothe skin...", this product also contains, "...a moisturizing blend of organic oils—including sunflower, olive and jojob."

While I didn't find it exactly indulgent feeling, it did smell lovely and did rinse off completely, taking with it dirt, dead skin and most makeup. If I was wearing really durable mascara (like Bobbi Brown Smokey Eye Mascara) or glittery eye makeup, the oil needed help from an eye makeup remover (like this one by Clinique) but otherwise, it did a fantastic job at cleansing my skin.

Over the few weeks I used this product, my skin looked brighter, healthier and was almost blemish free. It also didn't suffer from any dry patches (though to be fair, those are rarely a problem in the humid Toronto summer).

Really, apart from the fact that this is a cleansing oil, it really is a fantastic face wash.

Like all Bobbi Brown products, this one doesn't come cheaply. It retails for $51 and for that price, you get packaging that while functional, could be prettier. But hey, at least what's inside that plastic pump bottle works. Also, a little goes a long way, meaning that one bottle should last you for months.

Would I buy this product: If I was a big fan of cleansing oils, I likely would invest in this item.

Should you buy this product: Yeah, it's pricey but it also works. It's definitely something that you should check out if you're a regular user of cleansing oils.

No comments:

Post a Comment