Wednesday, September 30, 2015

The Baby Show Is Returning to Toronto

There is a lot going on this weekend including Nuit Blanche, the Vintage Clothing Show and The Baby Show. But as someone who is nearly eight months pregnant, I have to admit that I'm a bit more excited about the last event than the other two.

I've never been to a baby show before but I have friends who have gone and they've scored great deals on all kinds of products. While we have most of our big items, we're still on the lookout for a couple more furniture pieces as well as crib sheets and anything that can our new lives with baby easier.

With over 140 vendors, I'm sure we'll find something to meet our needs. I'm particularly interested in the many babywearing vendors and seeing if I can figure out, or at least narrow down, the many options in that field.

Besides vendors, there are a number of speakers including well-known authors and a paediatrician, $20 expert car seat installations and free 15-minute sleep consultations (yes, for the baby). Oh, and free massages for moms. That alone makes it worth the trip down to the CNE grounds.

This season's Baby Show is taking place at Exhibition Place in Hall D (it's apparently called the Enercare Centre) on October 3 from 9am to 6pm and October 4 10am to 5pm. Tickets are $15 each at the door or $13 if you buy online in advance and use the code "MC2015." The first 2,500 patrons also get a gift bag. Maybe if Nuit Blanche doesn't tire me out too much, I'll try for one of those.

No comments:

Post a Comment