Monday, October 19, 2015

Tata Harper Regenerating Cleanser

Face cleansers generally aren't very exciting products but when I read Tata Harper's description about its Regenerating Cleanser, I was intrigued. While I've tried multi-tasking face cleansers before, I'd never tried one that claimed to be "a 4-in-1 product." And what four tasks does this product claim to do? According to Tata Harper, this "gentle exfoliating cleansing treatment..." works to "...thoroughly cleanse and improve glow while purifying, minimizing the appearance of pores and helping to protect the skin’s natural hydration balance." (Wait, isn't that five tasks?)

"Free of soaps, alcohols and detergents, this cleanser clarifies with fresh enzymes, clays and essential oils, while microspherical beads polish the skin and reduce appearance of blackheads" says Tata Harper, who adds that this product contains ingredients like apricot seed powder, pomegranate enzymes, willow bark and French pink clay.

All of that sounds great, maybe a little too great. Initially, I was quite skeptical of this product but after using twice a day for a week, the results were literally clearer and clearer: This cleanser really did leave my face "...feeling balanced, hydrated and glowing." Blackheads, pimples and other blemishes have been pretty much non-existence since I've started using this product and my skin really does look healthy and glowing (though I will admit that being pregnant might be contributing just a bit to that last quality).

While I think anyone would love the results this cleanser brings, the scent is another matter. It smells like Fruit Loops milk. Yes, you read that correctly; the scent is just like milk that's been soaking up Fruit Loops cereal. Personally, I quite liked this smell, as odd as it is, but I can see how it could be a turn-off for some.

The texture could also be a turn-off for some (though again, I was fine with it).  Basically, this product feels like grainy milk. While it does wash off cleanly, it is quite liquidly and because of that, is a bit messy to apply.

But what will likely turn most people off from this product is the price; one 125ml bottle costs $75. Yep, that's a lot for a cleanser. At least for that price, you get proper packaging: An attractive-looking pump bottle.

Would I buy this product: No because I can't afford a $75 cleanser.

Should you buy this product: Can you afford a $75 cleanser? If yes, go for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment