Thursday, March 3, 2016

bliss Fabulous Drench 'N' Quench Moisturizer Review

I've been in the market for a new moisturizer so I was pleased that my February Topbox contained a small tube of bliss' Fabulous Drench 'N' Quench Moisturizer. bliss is known for making quality products that aren't exactly cheap so I had high hopes for this item.

Described as a "cream-to-water transformative moisturizer," this moisturizer uses something called "hydrozome™ technology" to "immediately drench skin with over 10,000 marine micro-droplets." This supposedly results in skin that is, "immediately hydrated and stays moisturized all day long, with no greasy after-feel"

Bliss boasts that in a clinical study 100 per cent of participants, "had a clinical increase in skin hydration instantly." But while this sounds impressive, the study only involved 35 users. These users did though love this product; the vast majority them said that "skin felt supple, healthy and refreshed" as well as "hydrated the entire day with locked-in moisture."

If I had been one of the participants in that study, I too would have have said that my skin felt fantastic after applying this product and that this moisturizer has "a lightweight feel and absorbed quickly." While the "cream-to-water" claim sounds weird, as soon as you feel this product, that description makes sense; the texture of this cream is downright "slippery." Upon application, my skin immediately felt refreshed and hydrated by it.

Unfortunately, while this moisturizer felt great on my skin, it didn't fight the dry patches that have been plaguing my nose. I would apply the cream directly on them and while the area felt hydrated, my skin was still visibly flaky. Using this product twice a day for close to two weeks also had no impact on these patches

Thankfully, most of my face has "normal" skin and I do believe that these areas benefited from this cream. With the exception of the existing dry areas on/around my nose, this product left my skin looking healthy and slightly glow-y.

This item can be found at Sephora where it retails for $48 a jar. For that price you get an open mouth-style container, which is rather disappointing given how pricey this item is. At least the packaging's colouring is cute.

Would I buy this product: In reality, I won't because it's pricey and didn't cure my dry patches but if I had money to waste I probably would pick it up because it did feel great on my skin.

Should you buy this product: If you have normal skin and a big skin care budget, you could give this product a chance. But skip it if your skin is dry.

No comments:

Post a Comment