Monday, July 25, 2016

North American Hemp Co. Soak It Up Shampoo & Conditioner Review

My July Topbox arrived a couple of weeks ago packed with makeup items and one small tube of shampoo and a matching tube of conditioner. I'd never heard of North American Hemp Co. until then but I was curious to give it a shot.

As the company name suggests, hemp is the star ingredient in these two products, specifically certified organic hemp seed oil. But unlike any other hemp product I've used before, these ones smell lovely. Both the shampoo and the conditioner had a light, almost sweet vanilla fragrance to them, making the scent my favourite aspect of these items.

Other highlighted ingredients include omega fatty acids, chamomile extracts and thermal algae. Both items are also free of sulphate, paraben and DEA and are cruelty-free and vegan friendly, making these items ideal for someone who's after clean beauty.

My samples contained enough product to let me wash my hair three separate times while using these two items and only these two items. That's right, I skipped using a leave-in oil or serum in order to truly see the results of this shampoo and conditioner.

And those results were okay. I didn't love them but I didn't feel the need to rewash my hair. NAHC claims that the shampoo would, "hydrate, repair split ends and add incredible shine" to my head while the conditioner would result in "dramatically softer silkier feel and frizz-free styling." While my hair was left feeling soft, it was less shiny and silky than usual. There was no impact on my split ends or frizz.

However, I do completely agree with NAHC's claims that the shampoo "gently cleanses your hair of pollution, styling build-up and urban life over the past 24 hours." My hair did feel extra light and clean after using the shampoo.

I also agree that these products left my hair very manageable. I was worried that since I was skipping using a serum, my hair would be a beast to comb out but nope, my hair was free of knots and tangles.

Price-wise this line is actually quite reasonable. One 342 ml bottle goes for around $10. I've never seen it in stores but it is available over on Well.ca. The packaging is nothing special though the gold accent does pretty up the bottles.

Would I buy these products: No, I need more shine.

Should you buy these products: If you're after "clean" products that also leave your hair feeling that way, and aren't too concerned about shine or silkiness, you may want to check this items out.

No comments:

Post a Comment