Wednesday, August 17, 2016

My August 2016 Topbox

Overall, 2016 has been an above average year for my Topboxes. Box after box has been fantastic, filled with a wide variety of products, some of them full-sized.

Unfortunately, my August box was a bit of a letdown. At first glance it seems okay. There are four items, one of which is a full-sized makeup product. However, as you'll see below, it's actually kind of a boring box:
  • Smashbox Photo Finish Pore Minimizing Foundation Primer (7ml)
  • Manna Kadar Cosmetics Radiance Split Pan Bronzer and Highlighter Duo (full-size)
  • Elizabeth Arden Skin Illuminating Brightening Night Capsules With Advanced MI˟ Concentrate (almost 2ml in total)
  • Novex Argan Oil Deep Conditioning Hair Mask (100g)
Of these four items, I'm most looking forward to trying out the Smashbox primer. In fact, I think I'll start using it tomorrow. I've previously used Smashbox's Photo Finish Foundation Primer and I wasn't impressed. But maybe this item will surprise me. Look for a review on this product in early September.

One product from this box that I won't be reviewing is the Elizabeth Arden item. This product came packaged in four single-use capsules, which means I'll get to use it four times; hardly enough time to accurately review it. I really wish a few more capsules had been included however, given this product's $110 price tag,  I do understand why the sample size was so small.

The lone makeup item, a bronzer and highlighter duo by something called Manna Kadar Cosmetics, is also the full-sized product in this box. As I've previously mentioned, I'm not one for the fake tan look, which is what this item provides. Still, I'll give it a try; I might be able to use the highlighter side every now and then.

Finally there is the hair mask. This is my second hair mask from Novex. I'm currently testing the first one out right now and sneak peek: It's okay but not amazing. This new sample contains argan oil so maybe it will be a bit more impressive? I guess I'll find out.


1 comment:

  1. I got mine last week and was completely underwhelmed as well. I imagine my blog post will be similar to yours!

    http://www.beautyful-life.com

    ReplyDelete