Tuesday, August 30, 2016

bareMinerals Marvelous Moxie Lipstick Review

This is strange. I received my sample of bareMineral's Marvelous Moxie lipstick in my July Topbox. Usually items included in a Topbox are either recently released products or are one of a brand's signature or beloved items. But this doesn't seem to be the case this time. While the bareMinerals' website does have several results for its Marvelous Moxie lip gloss, there is only one result for the lipstick and it's for a specific colour.

I can find this product for sale over on Sephora's site so I don't believe that the Marvelous Moxie lipstick is a discounted product. But Sephora doesn't list the shade I received, a brownish pink called Get Ready. Instead, it displays results for twelve other colours. Lovely colours, all very practical, but none are exactly what I received.

Which is a shame because Get Ready is a fantastic shade that looked quite natural and very flattering on me. According to Sephora, this item is, "A creamy, super saturated, ultra-pigmented lipstick with full coverage and a rich, satin finish." Based on my experiences, that almost perfectly sums up this product. Marvelous Moxie really brought the colour, resulting in my lips looking "fuller and more voluptuous."

It also successfully "revitalize(d) (my) lips for a healthy-looking pout." Containing "abyssinian oil and omega fatty acids" as well as "an encapsulated vitamin A, C, and E complex," this lipstick definitely did "nourish and condition" my lips. Sephora says that it "glides on like butter" and I completely agree. While this product unquestionably looks like a lipstick once its on, it feels more like a high-quality lip gloss.

Unfortunately, while Marvelous Moxie looked and felt great, it didn't stay on my lips. Glassware, food, my baby, my husband, whatever my Marvelous Moxie-coated lips touched were stained by this lipstick. It also easily smudged and smeared and regularly escaped off my lips. Which is a real shame because apart from this fairly significant problem, this is a fantastic product.

Sephora retails this lipstick for $23. For that price you get a product that's packaged in your standard lipstick tube.

Would I buy this product: There doesn't appear to be an option to buy this lipstick in the colour I received so no, I won't be buying this item. But even if I could purchase it, I wouldn't because it just doesn't stay in place.

Should you buy this product: I recommend skipping it unless you like leaving a trail of lipstick.

No comments:

Post a Comment