Friday, August 26, 2016

bliss Fabulous Makeup Melt Gel-to-Oil Cleanser Review

Last week's arrival of my Bioré Glam Box, which contains a tube of Baking Soda Pore Cleanser, reminded me that I had a half-written review for bliss' Fabulous Makeup Melt Gel-to-Oil Cleanser sitting in my drafts. So earlier this week, I put the Bioré product on hold and gave the bliss one another shot.

I was quickly reminded about this cleaner's good qualities. The "gel-to-oil formula" is applied to dry skin and instantly melted into a warm oil that felt wonderful on my skin. That great feeling continued as I rinsed the product off. According to bliss, this product leaves skin, "...feeling completely clean, silky-smooth, and perfectly nourished, with a gorgeous afterglow." I completely agree about the "feeling" part. This cleanser did leave my skin feel soft, hydrated and very clean. However, a close look in the mirror revealed that while this product left my skin feeling fantastic, it wasn't cleaning it as thoroughly as I needed it to.

bliss promotes this product with a few impressive numbers. "Based on a consumer perception study of healthy females 18-55 years of age," says bliss, over 90 per cent of participants "...agreed that it removed excess oil, impurities, dirt, and makeup" and "...that it thoroughly cleansed their skin and rinsed off easily and cleanly" while "84% of consumers agreed that it easily removed eye makeup, including waterproof mascara."

I found that this cleanser did do a great job at removing my makeup, including waterproof mascara, and it definitely "rinsed off easily and cleanly." However, it didn't get deep into my pores and wash them out. Clogged pores became a problem while using this product as did pimples. Now, to be fair, I was using this cleanser during a very humid, sweaty summer, and it isn't an anti-acne product but then, bliss does market it as a, "...powerful cleansing oil that breaks down and melts away all traces of oil, impurities, and makeup."

One feature of this product that bliss doesn't push is its the scent. While on the mild side, it's surprisingly fruity and actually reminded me of Fruit Loops (yes, the cereal). I kind of liked the smell but I know that it's not for everyone.

This cleanser retails for $34 a tube, which is a lot of money for a product that doesn't pack much of a punch.

Would I buy this product: No, it just didn't clean my skin thoroughly enough.

Should you buy this product: Only if you really like the scent of Fruit Loops.

No comments:

Post a Comment