Thursday, September 8, 2016

Clinique Pep-Start Eye Cream Review

Rarely do I come across a product that does nothing for me. Not live up to all, or even a majority of its claims? Yep, I come across those all of the times. Not bring anything new or interesting to the table? Yep, I see lots of those as well. Poorly packaged and/or overpriced? Again, plenty of those product out there. But a product that does nothing is rare.

But here one is: Clinique's Pep-Start Eye Cream. This "pep rush for eyes" supposedly "hydrates, brightens, perks you up" thanks to its "cool touch and de-puffing (applicator) tip." And it does all of this almost instantly (okay, you're supposed to massaged it around your eyes for three second).

While using this cream I noticed zero improvement or impact. This product did not make me "look wide awake" or "refreshed." Instead, it left me looking like I hadn't even used an eye cream. Now, I did use a sample version of this product that didn't include the "de-puffing" application tip so maybe that's why the puffiness level of my under-eye skin never changed but that doesn't explain why skin still looked dull and tired.

So this cream had no immediate impact on my face. Maybe it would do better after I used it for a few weeks.

Nope. I started using this product back at the start of August. I used it only under my left eye and I applied it at least once a day, sometimes twice. Now, over a month later, there is no visible difference between the areas under my eyes. Need proof? Check out the photo below.

Guess which under-eye area received the cream.
What I do like about this product is the texture. It is light, silky and absorbed quickly. It also didn't leave my skin feeling or looking shiny or otherwise unpleasant. Clinique states that this cream, "Smooths the way for makeup" but again, I didn't notice that. I did though notice that this product didn't interfere with makeup application, so that was good.

This cream retails at $33, which is a lot for a cream that didn't do anything for me. However, at least that price does buy you a product that's properly packaged. I do like how the ball applicator allows you to apply this cream without having to use your fingers and that it comes with a proper cap. More creams should be packaged like this.

Would I buy this product: No.

Should you buy this product: No.

No comments:

Post a Comment