Wednesday, August 16, 2017

My August 2017 Topbox

When I initially opened my August Topbox this morning, I was underwhelmed. It contained only four items and while one is technically full-size, there was no big product. But then I sat down and actually examined the four things that I had received and I realized that while this box might not be big or flashy, it's actually pretty good because I'll use every item that I was sent. Here's what I ended up this month:
  • Barefoot Venus Green Tea Body Wash (deluxe-sized tube)
  • Be a Bombshell Eyeshadow in Rock Bottom (full size)
  • Danny Co. Satin Smooth Skincare Lightning Lift Gel (7ml)
  • shu uemura POREfinist anti-shine fresh cleansing oil (6ml)
It's been a long time since Topbox sent me a body wash so I was happy to see the Green Tea Body Wash, especially since it's from Barefoot Venus, a brand known for creating products that smell and feel amazing. And while it's not a full-sized sample, it is a good size and I should get quite a few uses of out it.

It's also been awhile since I've received an eyeshadow. While this pinky-coppery shade isn't one that I would have picked for myself, I'll give it a try. I do like that it's full-sized and has a subtle metallic finish to it.

This isn't the first time I've received a shu uemura face oil in my Topbox but the POREfinist anti-shine fresh cleansing oil is a version of this product that I've never tried before. It's also a great match for my skin type. While it would have been nice to have received this item earlier in the summer, when I could have made better use of its supposed oil-fighting properties, I'll still make good use out of this oil, once I remember how to use it.

Prior to today, I've never heard of Danny Co. and when I first saw the small tube of Satin Smooth Skincare Lightning Lift Gel I thought it was something for fighting age spots, a problem I don't have. But it turns out that it's,"Designed to help reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, and defend against environmental damage, this advanced formula instantly smoothes, brightens and firms skin with long-lasting results." That sounds pretty good to me. I'm currently trying out a different line-fighting product but once I'm done with it, I'll be busting out this gel.

No comments:

Post a Comment