Monday, November 20, 2017

My November 2017 Topbox

This month's Topbox had only four items in it but despite that small number of products, I think this box is the best one I've received all year. Each item is one that is both new to me and something that I want. And even better, three of the products are things that I need and almost bought. Here's what I received this month:
  • Laritzy Cosmetics Silicone Makeup Blender (full size)
  • Elizabeth Arden Lasting Impression Mascara (2.5ml)
  • Joico Blonde Life Brightening Veil UV & Thermal Defense Multitasker (50 ml)
  • MAC Cosmetics Strobe Cream (6ml)
I'm currently using a traditional beauty blender and it needs to be replaced. I've read a lot of hype about silicone blenders and I was planning on picking one up during Shoppers' next Optimum points bonus event. But thanks to Topbox, I can now try this new tool out for free. I'm also a big fan of my Laritzy lip product so I'm hoping that this blender is just as good.

I'm also in need of a new mascara and was considering buying that but again, now that's not necessary thanks to this month's inclusion of Elizabeth Arden's Lasting Impression Mascara. While I am familiar with Elizabeth Arden, I've never used this particular mascara before. I've actually already started using this product and so far, so good.

And by the time this review is posted (I'm writing it on the weekend), I've likely started to use the Joico Blonde Life leave-in spray. I finally made it to the hairdresser on Saturday and had my blonde highlights refreshed. This product sounds like just what I need to keep my new colour bright and fresh-looking.  

The MAC Strobe Cream is the only item I received that I don't need. But I am happy that I got it since "a moisturizer that boosts the look of dull skin and luminizes with iridescent particles" sounds like an ideal winter product. It's also been awhile since I've used a MAC product so I'm pleased that that brand appeared in my November Topbox. 

No comments:

Post a Comment